- CONSIDER THE COST – you truly cannot keep up with the Kardashians, so make the decision to stick within your budget of what you can afford.
- Do not set your foot in the store until you have done some RESEARCH. Rather take some time and at least have an idea of what you want before you go looking. Pause before you purchase.
- TRUST is a must. Find a jeweller that has a good reputation, is affiliated to an accredited diamond or jewellery association and most importantly – one that makes you feel comfortable. Referrals go a long way.
- Even if your partner is involved with the decision, make a time to sit SOLO with your jeweller first.
- Choose a PRACTICAL ring – one that is suited to your girlfriends lifestyle, but add a PERSONAL touch to set it apart ie engraving inside the ring or add a hidden jewel.
- Select which GEMSTONE is going to be the feature piece of the ring. The diamond is undoubtedly still the most popular gemstone but don’t rule out other jewels.
- If opting for a diamond as the feature stone get a carat EDUCTION and truly understand your gem.
- Choose the right SHAPE of a diamond to suit your partner’s personality, the ROUND BRILLIANT still being the most popular.
- Antique or modern? Contemporary or classic? The SETTING of the ring is very important to the overall look and is an extension of one’s taste- KNOW HER TASTE.
10. Mull over which METAL you would like the ring manufactured in. You need to decide if you prefer the golden glow of yellow gold or the cool sophistication of white gold or platinum. Ask your trusted jeweller for options.